I’ve always been my toughest critic. For starters, I’ve been apprehensive in starting this fashion blog due to insecurity. The internet is heavily saturated with girls who are taller, prettier, better off than I am.
Some of the insecurities I would tell myself were:
- “Clothes don’t look as good on petite girls as they do on taller girls.”
- “I could never afford to make a blog about fashion & style”
- “There are so many girls prettier than me doing this”
- “My life is boring, no one would care what I’m wearing or what I’m doing.”
GIRL BYE! It’s time to take those negative thoughts out of my head. Sometimes you will not get the reassurance from others, but its time to take the plunge and dive right in!
I recently read an amazing article by the Thought Catalog and it was so inspirational! The article listed 7 things that happen when you let go of your insecurities.
A few things that happen when you let go of your insecurities:
- You stop needing to be validated – want to start a blog? DO IT! No one, needs to agree with you on this or tell you how good you will be at it to start one, you just need to start one!
- Your relationships become more fun – You are more willing to say YES to new adventures. You also stop holding grudges and realize that life happens if someone cancels plans or asks or takes a rain check. Life happens! – it’s not you.
- Opportunity knocks on the door – Insecurity will hold you back. When you push aside fear, opportunity arises when you least expect it! You will meet so many new, and wonderful people who will only help push you to further yourself and you’re career.
- You will love yourself more – Am I the prettiest, skinniest girl in the room? NO! and that’s ok. When you stop comparing yourself to others, you have more fun! Stop worrying, stop comparing and enjoy the ride!
Can any of you relate? From one girl to another – you are pretty enough, you are smart enough, YOU GOT THIS GIRL!
Are my pictures perfect? HECK NO! Do I look imperfect in 95% of them? YES! But guess what!?! Im going to post them anyway 🙂
So thank you for joining me on my journey – and cheers to new beginnings of letting go and diving in!Shopr: No products to show.